Have you taken time to identify your best skills and talents? On Sunday morning I jumped back in bed with my green tea and the 3 skills assessment tests I have taken in various programs during the past ten years. Interestingly, they all revealed the same skills, so they must be accurate!
This is an exercise I highly recommend for anyone seeking self-improvement, which I hope is every Financial Woman reader. Knowing your natural talents and abilities can help you achieve both your life and financial goals in several ways.
- You know the most obvious route to increase income
- You’ll be led to do work that you naturally love, and are therefore, probably good doing
- You’ll know what makes the most sense to delegate
- You’ll have better relationships when others understand you better
- You’ll value yourself for what you do well
- And you’ll stop beating yourself up for what you don’t do well-because you’ll know all of the things that you do exceptionally!
How does this affect your money? The results can be enormous in both your finances and life! (Remember: financial goals are life goals and vice versa!) Maybe you’ll begin charging what your worth, be a better leader of your money or your team, and feel more confident.
I found the information to be so powerful that I have decided to incorporate skills assessment into my new private client programs. This will help me be able to better understand how to help my clients get the results they want. More importantly, it will help my them have more confidence and success.
There are numerous skills assessment tests available, at various price levels. One of my favorites is from the Strengths Finder by Tom Rath. The book contains a code to take the skills assessment test. It may well be the best $15 you ever spend.
Know your skills; use them to do what you do well. Enjoy your life, increase your income, build wealth and better your relationships. How does life get any richer than that?